Ringfire
Always good to hear from you whether here or Mr. Mike's Classic HFO Forum. I can't think of many Season 11 episodes I would place ahead of The Skyline Killer. Number One With A Bullet The 2 Part Episode definitely is my FAV of that season. I love the acting and the music. The writers did an excellent job showing how the mob syndicate influenced and infiltrated all parts of the music business. Including the different games, food and drinks, supplies and vending machines like Sonny K's would need. I also thought it was effective how Johnny Monroe was frozen out of the music big contracts because of some gambling markers. It just all rang true with me. There also was a good build up to the 2 Warring factions...You knew something was going to happen. Unfortunately, Johnny Monroe was shot and killed. I'm a big fan of Death Mask too. Cyd Sharisse is a FAV and the switch of the mask was very cleverly done. I also enjoyed how McGarrett discovered the Mask in the Lion Head Alicia Warren was creating. I might place the Danno undercover episode, A Distant Thunder, the Nazi group, ahead of The Skyline Killer. Olson is a great actor and he was effective here as the leader, Stoner. It was suspenseful when Danno was sentenced to death by Stoner. As far as The Skyline Killer, I think it would have boosted the episode if Klane the writer and The Skyline Killer started talking about his crimes, his motivations etc. They could have flashed to a segment where they meet a few times and Klane busily typing away. He's already working on the book. I have to admit it was 1 of the most incredible and supenseful scenes. The Battle McGarrett vs. The Skyline Killer on the large crane. I was right about 1 thing...When it showed Klane had a 20-something daughter, I guessed Mary Ellen would be a target of The Skyline Killer. I might give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4. On my 6 star system, it would be higher.
On Chin Ho Kelly Season 10. I'm still shocked everytime I watch A Death In The Family. My Sister saw it first and I didn't believe her. Chin Ho getting killed...I couldn't believe it. When it returned later in the Summer, she walked in my room and I think we watched A Death In The Family downstairs on the big color TV. Think it was late 1980's or early 1990's. CBS had Classic HFO late night Saturdays and Sundays from what I remember. This was before the Internet when you can easily look up episodes or material. I don't know how I missed A Death In The Family the 1st time. I have to be dead to go to bed before midnight. Anyway, I was surprised Rego killed Chin Ho as the police could have been watching Chin. Rego gambled because HFO and HPD could have been watching. I always wondered if Chin Ho hadn't struck out at Rego...Maybe things would be different. Rego sure could be angry and emotional. He had a temper. I can't take credit but I remember a poster stated that opening Season 11...Could have been Rego's Trial. It would be an emotional and explosive courtroom. Great thread here. JC