Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I was surprised to see Gretchen Corbett, whom I had forgotten was in this episode. Five-O and "The Rockford Files" were on competing networks, and in fact would later go on to compete head-to-head during Five-O season 8. (This actually harmed both shows' ratings, by the way, as they attracted a similar audience.) Given that Corbett was a frequent guest on "Rockford" (close to being a series regular), I would have thought perhaps she would have been contractually forbidden from appearing on a CBS show.

Corbett is still alive and acting today. She was only 27 in this episode, despite looking a little bit older. She left "Rockford" near the end of the series, due to some contract dispute.
Gretchen's contract was with Universal, not NBC, so she wouldn't have been barred from appearing on other network shows and if she could get jobs on shows done by other production companies she could do them too since she also did "Wonder Woman" when that was on ABC during her "Rockford" period (not being a full-time regular gave her that flexibility). I remember reading in the book on "The Rockford Files" that she was dropped when Universal refused to pick up the tab for letting the show use her services any longer (meaning Garner's production company would have been on the hook to pay her for any further guest appearances which they couldn't afford) so that was why she was dropped from the show.