Thread: NCIS: Hawaii Coming Soon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    https://www.tvinsider.com/1001781/fa...international/

NCIS: Hawai’i (CBS)

The NCIS franchise has everything required to top the ratings: quirky, lovable characters, twisty crime cases, action galore and will-they-or-won’t-they office romances. And they know how to end a season! Flagship NCIS left Gibbs (Mark Harmon) in danger—again; Los Angeles said goodbye to longtime cast members Barrett Foa and Renée Felice Smith; New Orleans wrapped its seven-season run with a wedding for big boss Pride (we’ll miss you, Scott Bakula!). With Hawai’i, producers break new ground.

Why We’re Excited

The NCIS world has no shortage of fascinating, gutsy women, but for the first time the team lead is female. She’s Special Agent in Charge Jane Tennant, a mother of two, played by Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told), who notes: “I’m excited to bring a different layer to this role and hopefully inspire this next generation of girls and women.” —Kate Hahn

=====

I thought they were going to have appearances by some people from the H50 reboot who didn't get much employment, i.e., Katrina Law, as well as the actors playing Junior, Tani, Kamekona, etc., maybe even Duke?!?

Vanessa Lachey appeared on S01E17 ("Powa Maka Moana"), the first-season pirate episode of the H50 reboot under her maiden name of Vanesse Minnillo, which was broadcast February 14, 2011. In my review of this episode, I described her as "very hot."
    Last edited by Mr. Mike; 09-25-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Here are the plots for the first four shows:

VANESSA LACHEY STARS AS SPECIAL AGENT IN CHARGE OF NCIS PEARL HARBOR JANE TENNANT, WHOSE TEAM INVESTIGATES HIGH-STAKES CRIMES INVOLVING MILITARY PERSONNEL AND NATIONAL SECURITY IN THE ALOHA STATE, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF “NCIS: HAWAI`I,” MONDAY, SEPT. 20

TENNANT AND NCIS MUST TAKE DOWN A NOTORIOUS TEAM OF THIEVES USING WWII EXPLOSIVES ON ARMORED TRUCKS BEFORE THEY COMPLETE THEIR FINAL BIG JOB, ON “NCIS: HAWAI`I,” MONDAY, SEPT. 27

KAI GOES UNDERCOVER WITH ONE OF HAWAI`I’S OLDEST SURF GANGS WHEN A PETTY OFFICER TRYING TO HELP WAYWARD KIDS IS MURDERED, ON “NCIS: HAWAI`I,” MONDAY, OCT. 4

WHEN A BELOVED PANIOLO (HAWAIIAN COWBOY) IS SHOT AND WOUNDED WHILE RIDING HIS HORSE, TENNANT AND HER TEAM MUST GAIN THE TRUST OF THE PANIOLO COMMUNITY TO HELP FIND THE CULPRIT AND PROTECT THE PANIOLO’S LIFE, ON “NCIS: HAWAI`I,” MONDAY, OCT. 11

Most of the user reviews of the pilot are pretty brutal:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1421867...ws?ref_=tt_urv
    Last edited by Mr. Mike; 09-25-2021 at 07:12 PM.

I read some of the comments last night (after a plane ride and an arduous drive) and I have to say I agree with one of them who wrote that the NCIS shows need to end. These programs are certainly showing their age and while I understand they're still successful I feel like their time has come to call it done.

Along those same lines, I feel like L&O: SVU is in the same boat. However, Hollywood has proven once again they have no original ideas left.

The very negative reviews of this show continue at IMDb (see link above).

My brother had lunch with a friend who watched this show recently, and her opinion was similar:

she watched the first episode of NCIS Hawai'i - she gave up after fast forwarding through to about the middle of the episode: so in total she watched about 5 minutes. she said it was a real mess in terms of acting and story line; she felt they were trying to recreate 5-0 and failing badly. the female lead couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

The mostly negative reaction to this show at IMDB from users posting reviews is still happening, but maybe that is just a typical Internet dog-pile.

Amazing that the show was green-lighted for a full season only after a couple of weeks of its new season.

The premiere episode only attracted about 6.6 million viewers, it dropped a million or so the next week, and the numbers went down after that.

Is this typical? Or is this maybe some pet project of someone at CBS, sort of like the H50 reboot was reportedly of Moonves?

Speaking of the H50 reboot, someone must have been busy editing Lenkov's Wikipedia entry.

While it does deal with his "fall from grace" (maybe a pun in here relating to G. Park), that only gets one (and only one) paragraph which refers to him getting the chop and the guy from MacGyver getting brain damage over PL's nasty attitudes.

One of the people connected with NCIS Hawaii (which spells Hawaii the "correct" way just like H5-Zero did with its Hawaiian episode titles) is Larry Teng, who directed 11 episodes of the H50 reboot. He is the NCIS show's executive producer.

Thread Information