Thread: Classic HFO Question Of The Day

Classic HFO Fans And Forum Contributors. Would you say the Season 9 Episode Ready, Aim... is around the midpoint for the HFO series (135-145) in terms of listing the greatest and highly rated episodes of the series and a 2 star out of 4 star type episode? JC

I’d say it’s below average, and one of the weaker season 9 episodes. I didn’t care about what happens to the Tokyo police officer, his love interest, or the villain. I enjoyed Manu Topou in “A Death in the Family “, but in this episode, he came up short with his performance. Very bland episode for me. 1.5 instead of a 2.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I don't understand what the figures 135-145 represent. This episode is #205 out of 278.

I gave this episode 2 stars out of 4.

http://fiveohomepage.com/5-0log9.htm#205

Easy to understand. There are around 280 total episodes of Classic Hawaii Five-O. 140 would be exactly in the middle. 135-145 middle range. I was asking then there might be 140 episodes people would say is better than Ready, Aim and 140 episodes some may consider worse than Ready, Aim. It's the perfect 2 out of 4 star episode. Obviously, ranking all 278 or 280 episodes would be an arduous task. It was just something to ponder and ask the
    Classic HFO fans. JC

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    In order to determine which show is in the "middle" of ratings of all of the shows, you would have to compile a list on an Excel spreadsheet which listed all of the shows with their ratings, then sort this to see which was the best and which was the worst … and then which one was in the "middle."

Ideally, the best show would be rated 4 (or 10 or 100 or whatever the ratings system used), and the worst show would be rated zero.

Now, you could choose my ratings or you could use those at IMDb, for example. (There may be some other compilations, I know that Jeff has done this, for example.) I have plenty of shows with a 4 star rating and some with zero. IMDb is more problematic, because they currently run between 8.9 (the best, Over 50?) and 4.8 (Sign of the Ram).

As to whether this one show, Ready, Aim…, is in the "middle" would depend on its position in the final results. My rating for this show is 2 out of 4, IMDb says it is 6.2. The "halfway" point between these two IMDb figures is 6.85. So without taking a LOT of time to do this anal-ysis as mentioned above, it is sort of about halfway on both of those lists.
    Last edited by Mr. Mike; 10-19-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Yes, I would think Ready, Aim would be somewhere in the middle. I remember during the holidays my Mom watched Ready, Aim... on my DVD player. She liked when the machine dumps the scoop of ice cream to hide the guns inside the container. LOL! From what I remember, she thought it was creative to place the guns and hide them in this manner. I would definitely agree. Mr. Mike, you brought up some great points when they were housed in the freezer. They should have had steaming cold breath from the cold temperatures. I don't remember seeing it. Also, they located the vent behind the boxes. Large enough for them to squeeze through. I don't have a PHD in Construction or Refrigeration. The escape situation could be possible or not. Agree on 2 out of 4 stars Ready, Aim...

Thread Information