According to Mr. Mike's Five-O Homepage: CBS aired "The Burning Ice" 50 years ago tonight. (I know imdb.com says something else, if I had my Five-O book handy, I'd know for sure).

At any rate, we'll focus on "The Burning Ice" for now. A doctor's wife (Linda Ryan) is killed by a man (Lou Antonio) who shoots her dead then steals her jewelry. He shoots at the doctor (Jackie Cooper) when he was escaping. However, it becomes clear to McGarrett things aren't adding up like they should.

Five-O's main lead is from a snitch/fence Charlie Ling (Tom Fujiwara) and Danno isn't taking any crap from the guy when Charlie starts double-talking. Charlie meets the 'killer' David Harper at Sea Life Park where Harper collapses in the gift shop after being chased by the Five-O team. They later learn Harper was a Contentious Objector and doesn't believe in killing. Harper's wife, Harriet (Loretta Leversee), backs this fact up.

When Harper is being booked he collapses again. Turns out, he's dying of leukemia and soon passes with his wife at his bedside. The other part of the story is the Harper's son who is at a home for mentally challenged kids. It's expensive but the Harper's son has been taken care of - the doctor, Southmore, paid the home where the boy is.

How McGarrett breaks the case consists of a boring machine and some minute measurements.

Mr. Mike does a much better job at discussing the episode here: http://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log4.htm#81

The episode ends with Five-O showing up at Southmore's house to arrest him. While not one of my favorites, I liked the shots at Sea Life Park and the team in civilian clothes. They start hustling when Harper decides to rabbit on the team.

I also enjoyed the meet at the pizza parlor and the banter between Charlie and Danno. I also can't help but ogle the classic cars in Southmore's garage either!

Happy 50th, "The Burning Ice"!!