Thread: Postings with most Views and Replies

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    If you go to the main menu in any of the individual forums (like the one for Classic H50) and click on stuff at the top of list of postings, you will find interesting information.

For example, if you click on Views in Classic H50, you will see which posting has the most views. Currently it is the one for Then and Now Photos -- 33,896 views! But I think this is probably produced by the fact that this posting was at the top of the list for a while, and most of the views are produced by bots snooping around and trying to hack into the site. But maybe Todd has some stats to show that this excess amount of views originates on some other site which is linking to that post?

If you keep clicking on Views, it will alternate between the posting which has the most views (from highest to lowest) and vice versa.

I had the same thing happen with my own site. The first link on my main page (www.fiveohomepage.com) is for the comprehensive index which you can use to find specific shows by name, actors, subject matter, etc. In a recent month, this link got over a million hits ... but if you totalled up the number of hits on individual links people were going to from that page, it was much less.

There are also a lot of views on the classic H50 forum on this site in the 20,000s. For example, Classic H50 is ending (speculation on when the show should really have ended), which is currently 29,805 hits and Mysterious Asian actor (Walter Omori, see www.fiveohomepage.com/walteromori), which has 25,264.

You can also see which of the postings has the most replies by clicking on Replies. Currently it is Then and Now Photos again and 1997 reboot... huh? (Update: Now on YouTube), both with 18 replies.

Interesting…I never noticed that ‘View’ feature either. It’s pretty subtle.

Thread Information