Ok, it is Pi Day but that's not why I'm posting. ...

50 years ago tonight, CBS aired S04E24 "R&R&R"!

A soldier (Alan Vint) with a screw loose is seeking revenge on those he believes wronged him. But the way he does it is just plain creepy. He meets the wives of the men he used to serve with who are meeting their husbands for some R&R out of Vietnam.

The soldier, Ralston, is a real piece of work. He's methodical, heartless and has absolutely no remorse for killing these women. All total two women lose their lives with a third in grave danger. Amy Carter (Marie Cheatham) was lured to Honolulu via a Western Union telegram even though her husband wasn't due for R&R for another month. The sad part, Lt. Carter was KIA while he wife flew to Hawaii.

The telegram becomes Ralston's undoing when Five-O figures who he exactly is and the whole convoluted behind his motives. Ralston's Commanding Officer Capt. Nichols (James Davidson) put Ralston in for the Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) and everything went to crap from there. Nichols transferred Ralston out but it turns out, Ralston isn't mentally stable.

McGarrett confronts Ralston directly on the airplane Amy Carter flew in on. She was told to stay put until the plane could be turned around and take her home. However, Ralston has a knife to her throat. After a struggle, including a serious knife wound to McGarrett's had, the Five-O head kills Ralston.

As usual, Mr. Mike does a much better job. His review is here: http://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log4.htm#96

I like this episode but it's not one of my favorites even though it's military-oriented.

Ralston is just cold-blooded by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that he targets the wives is even worse. However, this seems to be a very typical Five-O episode. It has the team hunting down a killer and using everything they can to bring down that killer.

I don't like that they had Kono mispronounce "photographic" memory. I get what they did, leading to McGarrett's brainstorm that Ralston didn't go for their police bait, Officer Cathy (Genevieve Nelson). But it made Kono look stupid in order for McGarrett to appear smarter. Unfortunately, this is a habit they never really broke.

Regardless, we end Season 4! Happy 50th "R&R&R"!!!!