Thread: RIP JAMES OLSON

Sorry to hear James Olson has passed away at 91 years old. He was 1 of my FAV actors to appear on Classic HFO. My FAV James Olson appearance was in Honor Is An Unmarked Grave. A 4 Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟 episode in Season 8. He played the lawyer and writer Travis Marshall with a great deal of flamboyance and intelligence. Marshall outsmarts Duke in 1 scene and in another scene is holding a cat. McG and HFO team investigate the missing Henderson who later is discovered years later dead. He also was in the volcano 🌋 episode, A Hawaiian Nightmare, where he plays a brilliant volcanologist with a gambling problem. Bernie threatens to blow up the area causing a catastrophic lava flow that would kill many Hawaiian people in the area. Bernie would use the $500,000 to pay off his gambling debts and move somewhere with his wife. In Bait Once, Bait Twice, Olson is a surprise lawyer villain behind the killing of a key witness. He is stopped by HFO from murdering the woman at the end. Olson definitely will be missed and another Classic HFO alumni passes away. Todd made a good point on his post about the passing of HFO actors. RIP JAMES OLSON.

Let’s not forget his Nazi character Stoner in “A Distant Thunder”. That’s my favorite of his performances!

He also played a very good psycho obsessed with killing Janice Rule in the Streets of San Francisco episode “First Day of Forever”.

His co-starring role in the 1971 sci-fi classic "The Andromeda Strain" is a rare chance to see him in a non-villain role for a change.

Sad to have lost three classic Five-O guests in so short a span with Olson, David Birney and Joanna Barnes.

Ringfire
    Thanks for mentioning Olson as Stoner in A Distant Thunder. I'm a big fan of Season 11. Should have remembered but it was like 1 AM Eastern time. Remember Danno's initiation with the stink bomb. LOL! I remember the Streets Of SF episode with Janice Rule. Yes, James Olson always delivered an outstanding performance. Will definitely be missed. Agree with Mr. Mike on Honor Is An Unmarked Grave. 1 of my FAV episodes. JC

Thread Information