Thread: Magnum PI reboot gets the axe

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/mag...bs-1235265272/

Did the show really "end"?

Last episode seems to have been on May 6th and is described like this at IMDb:

Close to Home -- Magnum and Higgins are sent on a deadly mission inside a high security correctional center when a ruthless criminal abducts Katsumoto and his ex-wife, Beth.

Apparently season 4 ended with Magnum and Higgins sharing a kiss, suggesting the start of a romantic relationship. The folks over on Magnum-Mania thought that meant at least another season. Guess not. Oh well.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    There are a lot of comments following the article about the Magnum cancellation published at Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/magnum-...ons-1235018361

However, if you try to read more comments than the ones below the article currently, it looks like they have been completely removed or edited out. The URL might refer to a page number for the current selection of comments, but if you try and change this page number to something older, it screws up things.

Anyway, some guy posted a comment anonymously about the cancellation and Lenkov's nose got totally out of joint (this conversation was preserved on the magnum-mania.com site):

From TWITTER:

Peter M. Lenkov @PLenkov

I try to refrain from responding to trolls, but today I was handed some kryptonite - had to respond in the comments section [at Deadline]

FROM DEADLINE:

Anonymous

on May 12, 2022 3:36 pm

It was Lenkov’s dream come true, but a waking nightmare for everyone who worked for him. What a hack. I bet he read the press release and was pissed his name wasn’t checked. Don’t worry Peter! We all remember what you did!

Peter Lenkov

on May 12, 2022 4:45 pm

Nah, I didn’t read the press release… but I did see this story… and was hoping some would have sympathy for the good folks who lost their jobs today. I do. As for you, a total coward who hides behind “anonymous”, what do you remember that I did? Being a demanding boss? And if I’m a hack, I’m certainly a very lucky one. Go create a hit show, then swing back around here, your comments will then carry some real weight.

Well now that CBS has purged itself from all the Lenkov shows, it seems they're moving on.

However, that's not stopping Universal from trying to work a deal for Season 5:

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...s-cancellation

Thread Information