Ringfire, would you say that "Rest In Peace, Somebody" is a "perfect" episode? If so, you already know how I am going to respond!

As far as "Yesterday Died" is concerned, I don't think your comments are unreasonable. However, I don't know if you are aware, but the Vietnam War (which features in several H50 episodes) resulted in medical procedures being streamlined and improved, with the result that people who were very badly wounded in battle were able to survive. These techniques and procedures eventually made their way into regular hospitals. (A friend of mine recently commented regarding this discussion, "These days there are rappers who get shot with AR-15s and >they< survive.")

In the case of McGarrett's wounds (he was shot three times), it is difficult to understand how he could have survived if this was done at very close range, unless Trinian was a VERY bad shot. Surely, some of his vital organs would have been seriously messed up! As well, McGarrett lay where he was shot until the woman, the mother of the kid that he plucked out of the surf shortly before this, found his body after hearing the shots, and then an ambulance would have had to be summoned, etc.

Anyway, I am quite willing to remove the episode from my list, it will give me the opportunity to add missing three ... but I will have to think about this for a while.