Thread: Classic HFO 3.75 Episodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was thinking how many Classic HFO episodes would deserve the 3.75 stars ⭐⭐⭐ .75 out of 4. Most would be 3.5 or jump 🦘 up to a 4 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐ level. Cannot recall if I have given an episode 3.75 yet. Here's some episodes that could qualify for 3.75.

1. Double Exposure (Season 9). Love this episode but I could take off something when McG starts blasting away at the end. It might have been better if Anne was blindfolded when brought to see Vince. Like Vince said, she's seen me now and would have to be eliminated.

2. The Late John Louisiana (Season 3). Very intelligent and impressive episode. I just find it strange that Nick The Iceman would fall in love with the witness he was hired to kill. He admits killing a woman similar age and height in her place. I also don't know how Quon would find about their relationship since Julie was supposed to be dead.

3. East Wind, Ill Wind (Season 10). One of my FAV later episodes in the Series. There's a few things like leaving the scuba gear that could mark it down. The final scene was a little cumbersome as Zadak/Hoffman was between the tennis 🎾 courts.

4. Nine Dragons (Season 9). There are various things I could pick out but it was a very interesting episode. You wonder why Wo Fat didn't finish McGarrett off as it was in his territory and he now had the advantage. I thought the McG torture sequences and him kicking at snakes was one of the most intense in the series.

5. The Last Of The Great Paperhangers (Season 9). I'm a big fan of HRH and there's not many flaws in the episode. It was cruel and mean-spirited at the end to call the cops on the other conspirator. The scene where they duplicate the NAVY cars and men at the bank was perfection.

6. Number One With A Bullet (Season 11). I really enjoyed the connection between the music business and the mob. It was well-written. Great writing as you could see the escalation between the mob factions and Johnny Monroe was killed. Also, the emotional story McG talking about his Dad's death. Can't quite give it 4 stars ⭐⭐ ⭐⭐.

7. I'll Kill 'Em Again (Season 7). People like this episode more than me. Still, the re-creation murders and story was well-written. An interesting episode from start to finish. I didn't like when Mr. Beecham was killed.

8. The Defector (Season 8). There's plenty of verbal sparring between Dr. Ormsbee and McGarrett but it is high-level acting. I'm still confused in the beginning when the conspirator was killed. Was Chaing supposed to kill him? Or was it just self-preservation? I really enjoyed this episode.

Can you think of some Classic HFO episodes that fall just short of 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐? JC

Isn't this more in line with Mr. Mike's thread about the perfect (4-star) episodes?

Bobbi
    Good call on that. I never really went through what might be 3.75 as most of the episodes...I would probably round down to 3.5 or raise it up to 4 full stars ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐. Kind of thinking or writing out loud what might end up at 3.75. A couple like Double Exposure and The Late John Louisiana would be real close to 4. I did raise Yesterday Died... and Honor Is An Unmarked Grave to 4 full stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐ a few years ago. Have to comb through the seasons. I think 8-10 episodes probably could fit into the 3.75.

Thread Information