Thread: 50 years of Death is a Company Policy

… is coming up in 4 days. Just a heads-up for whoever is keeping track and rewatching

I'm aware Thanks Ringfire!

No problem! It just came to me out of the blue

I love Death Is A Company Policy. It's a very creative episode. Like how each staff investigates each other. They should have placed the lawyer in New York City 🏙️, Chicago🏙️, LA 🏙️. I think that's one of the flaws in the episode. They had major organized crime and illegal enterprises in these big cities. Hawaii is more isolated and not getting the return on their investment. All the money paid for his college, board, books and supplies, clothes and car 🚗 etc. Will admit the frame on Duke was expertly done. His signature even down to the letter. I was sad when Duke had to turn in his badge. Can't wait to read Bobbi's excellent and through Anniversary remembrance of Death Is A Company Policy. Many great Classic HFO fans write here on the forum. Classic HFO will continue to live on. I would give Death Is A Company Policy 3 stars ⭐⭐⭐ out of 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐. There are a few things to pick ⛏️ about it but it is interesting from start to finish. Bryce-Halsey 🚁 is very efficient. JC

Originally Posted by John Chergi View Post
    They should have placed the lawyer in New York City ��️, Chicago��️, LA ��️. I think that's one of the flaws in the episode. They had major organized crime and illegal enterprises in these big cities. Hawaii is more isolated and not getting the return on their investment.
    I disagree that this is a flaw because in the world of Hawaii Five-O we saw almost on a weekly basis McGarrett and company going up against organized crime of one type or another. Obviously in the real world we know that Hawaii is not a hotbed of organized crime the way NYC or Chicago is. But in the make-believe world of Five-O we see that organized crime is a very major problem. So you just have to go with it. Otherwise you’ll end up taking off points on every episode that deals with organized crime. So if you accept this fact that organized crime is a major problem in the islands then it makes perfect sense that Bryce-Halsey would invest in someone like Chris Lahani and plant him in Hawaii, right where he’s needed. Planting him in NYC is irrelevant unless we’re watching KOJAK.

Ringfire

Some good points on Death Is A Company Policy. I was impressed by Bryce-Halsey. They wasted no time liquidating loose ends. Bryce-Halsey would have been a great return villain for McGarrett or more reoccurring like Wo Fat. A poster brought up a good point that the inside man would likely be on Manicote's staff. It would bring stain or tarnish Five-0 and make McG look bad if there was a bad apple working on the HFO team. McG put Chris to the test and Chris took the bait. I liked the Chris character. Ben and Chris were friends. That was a key to the episode. McG was wondering how he could pay for an expensive Ivy League school like Harvard. He had turned down other college acceptance. What I was getting to in the earlier post...It's strange the Syndicate or the Mob would place Chris in Hawaii where Chicago or NY...Chris could be more effective. They had a good presence in Chicago and New York. Maybe since Chris was raised in Hawaii, it was smart to put him back there. Plenty of people return home from college. It wouldn't appear strange for Chris to return. McG was doing an outstanding job shutting down organized crime. Johnny Oporta didn't even get his big shot as McG had him arrested and later on trial. LOL! I remember Sally talking to McG in Number One With A Bullet. He was trying to get an understanding of the music scene and things in Hawaii. Sally was a singer of some talent but stayed local. She had her restaurant business. Sally talked about how trends and things moved slower to Hawaii from the mainland. The Syndicate put plenty of money into educating Chris for him to be used to their advantage. Later when given the word. That's interesting that Chris wasn't placed in Chicago, NY, LA etc where they could maximize their investment. JC

Thread Information