Thread: Emergency!

First post here for me in a long time-- just wanted to know: does anyone here remember a 70s NBC medical/action series called Emergency!? It had Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe as John Gage and Roy DeSoto, paramedics who just happened to also be firefighters in Station 51 in Los Angeles County (it also had Robert Fuller, Julie London, Bobby Troup and Ron Pinkard in the roles of the medical staff of Rampart General Hospital [Dr. Kelly Brackett, Nurse Dixie McCall, Dr. Joe Early and Dr. Mike Morton respectively]).
    Last edited by bmasters1981; 09-23-2022 at 02:01 AM.

Oh yes!!! LOVE that show! Cozi TV is airing it on a regular basis as well as FeTV (Family Entertainment TV). It's amazing!!! Some of the techniques is kind of out of date but that's the nature of medicine.

Cozi also did a 50th special on Emergency! and spoke to people in LAFD, especially those curating their museum where the actual Squad 51 lives.

And if you think I'm crazy, a friend of mine goes bonkers for this show.

Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Oh yes!!! LOVE that show! Cozi TV is airing it on a regular basis as well as FeTV (Family Entertainment TV). It's amazing!!! Some of the techniques is kind of out of date but that's the nature of medicine.

Cozi also did a 50th special on Emergency! and spoke to people in LAFD, especially those curating their museum where the actual Squad 51 lives.

And if you think I'm crazy, a friend of mine goes bonkers for this show.
    I've enjoyed it very much on DVD, and have finished it (a lot of the DVD prints are apparently of a 16MM form [subpar picture quality], but that did not affect how much I enjoyed what, to me, was a well-written, well-shot, well-produced and well-acted series [the play's the thing, IOW]). It's well-worth the money, IMO (series, movies, Adam-12 crossover and all).

BTW, has Mike Quigley ever seen the show?

That's a good question, I think he's seen a few episodes but you'll have to ask him.

Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    That's a good question, I think he's seen a few episodes but you'll have to ask him.
    I probably will-- I'd like to read his comments on the episodes (that is to say, what he did for Five-O, The Streets of San Francisco and Peter Gunn, among others).

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Uh, who is this mysterious "Mike Quigley" guy? Is he someone who never usually reads the forums?

Sarcasm aside, I have no interest in doing a WWW site for Emergency or just about any other show these days.

Emergency, according to Wikipedia, was 122 shows. (This is only one less than Rockford Files, by the way, also being requested of me.) Assuming I watched one show each day and took another day to write it up, that is about 2/3 of a year.

Nope!

(As far as I can recall, I don't think I have ever seen a single episode of Emergency.)

Thread Information