Thread: Not everybody hates the 12th season

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    (from Facebook)

Tom Clancy
    I Have a Lott More Positive Regard for Our Season Twelve Episodes than a Lott of People here Seem to Have !! -- I Think Kimo Carew and Sharon Farrell is Lori Brought a Lott to the Show !! - I in Many Ways Do Not Like the Real Life Sharon Farrell ! - but Her Character " Lori " is an Entirely Different and Positive Matter !! -- Lett's Face it ! - Our Very Long Running Show had Gotten Up into it's Twelfth Season !! -- Cast Character Changes were Bound to Have Occurred by then !! -- Season Twelve was the Beginning of a New Shift into 80's-some " Original Hawaii Five O " !! - Thete's Just Bound to be a Certain Shift into those 80's ! - while at One and the Same Time ! - So Much of Our Show Remained it's Glorious Same as Ever !! - Cast Changes After such an Exceptionally Long Multi Seasons Stretch are Just Unavoidable !! - and Season Twelve was a Very Good Start to Furthur On Original " 50 " !! - if that Only so Would have Been !! - I Think a Large Portion of it's Episodes were Outstanding !! - and WERE Well Written / Well Acted !! - and Etc !! -- My Own Personal Examples of Such are -- " A Lion in the Streets " !! / " Who Says Cops Don't Cry !?" / " Good Help is Hard to Find !" / " Use a Gun Go to Hell " / " Voice of Terror ! " / " The Kahuna " / " The Golden Noose " / " Flight of the Jewels " / " A Bird in the Hand " / " Clash of Shadows " / " Labyrinth " / " School for Assassins " / " For Old Times Sake " / " Though the Heavans Fall ! " / " Image of Fear ! " / and " Woe to Wo Fat " !! - which I Think Should Have Either been an Extra Lenth Episode or a Two Parter !! -- I Think Our Season Twelve has a Lott More to it's Credit than Not !! - ( My One Throw Out Episode from Twelve would be - " A Shallow Grave " !! ) -

Hard to read that jumbled mess. Surely that’s not the real Tom Clancy’s writing. Lol.

I don't think so. The author Tom Clancy passed away in 2013.

I think this Tom Clancy is cuckoo! I will agree on "A Lion In The Streets", "Who Says Cops Don't Cry?", "Good Help Is Hard To Find", "Flight Of The Jewels", and "For Old Times Sake". I disagree with "A Shallow Grave". I'm not sure why that was is in my okay column. It could be because there's an element of supernatural attached. Which, of course, that wasn't the case. There's a lot wrong with the episode but the college student is somewhat charming.

The ones I listed are the ones I'm willing to rewatch. The others I can do without.

Although there quite a few stinkers in season 12, I do think it's a more energetic season overall han 11, which really does seem kind of shopworn. The mostly new cast helps.

This is timely. I've actually been slowly going through the 12th season DVD set and am finally nearly finished. A number of the episodes seem new to me (before buying all the season sets I relied on the various tv showings), and I am surprisingly not hating the overall experience (just disliking it). I do think both Smith and what's her name are woefully miscast. It's strange that, unlike Smith, she disappears for long stretches. I wonder if that was planned beforehand to use her in only limited fashion, or the producers regretted casting her, found her hard to work with, etc.

Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Although there quite a few stinkers in season 12, I do think it's a more energetic season overall han 11, which really does seem kind of shopworn. The mostly new cast helps.
    Did you notice in S11, that they really ramped up the joking quotient when Danno and Steve were together?

Originally Posted by haoledw View Post
    This is timely. I've actually been slowly going through the 12th season DVD set and am finally nearly finished. A number of the episodes seem new to me (before buying all the season sets I relied on the various tv showings), and I am surprisingly not hating the overall experience (just disliking it). I do think both Smith and what's her name are woefully miscast. It's strange that, unlike Smith, she disappears for long stretches. I wonder if that was planned beforehand to use her in only limited fashion, or the producers regretted casting her, found her hard to work with, etc.
    Smith was interesting casting since he generally played villains. Sharon Farrell seems to have been fired, since her name no longer appears in the credits in the back half of the season. Farrell herself has never commented on the matter, to my knowledge.

Farrell was only in about half of the 12th season in production order. You can see info about that here:

https://fiveohomepage.com/season12.pdf

But there is something screwy with all of this. Farrell was there for about half of the season's 20 shows (in production order) ... but the show which was the second last (The Moroville Covenant) was the second one filmed. If she was fired or quit, you would expect that this would have happened something during the period when shows were still being filmed, assuming they didn't film all of the shows before any of them were broadcast. (I don't have information as to the dates for stuff like this).

If Moroville was rescheduled to the second last show, so people might have thought she was still there (and had been there all along), how would they have known to reschedule Moroville so early? (I am not saying this very well, but I think you know what I mean.)

There is a mistake in my post above, it should read like this:

"If she was fired or quit, you would expect that this would have happened some time during the period when shows were still being filmed..."

Thread Information