Thread: Lengthy interview with Scott Caan

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar

You can certainly tell that he hated doing Five-Zero. He tries not to dog on the show but it’s pretty clear that he hated it. He says it was 10 years of doing the same thing and that he thought it would be something else when he started it. When the interviewer tells him that he must be set financially after doing 10 years of the show Caan says “not really”. That he still wants to travel places and have his wife fly first class. So he still needs money. I think that’s ridiculous. He’s gotta be set for life!

Not if he's spending more than he's bringing in. I haven't watched the interview yet but reading your response, Ringfire, I would suspect he's living above his means.

I guess I don’t understand the celebrity lifestyle. What do they do - spend $5000 for dinner every night? You get paid a million per episode and you’re still not set for life?? I don’t know how much he got per episode but I know it was a lot. And that’s over 10 years. 22 episodes or so per year. Even with a huge house and large taxes I can’t understand how he still would be lacking money. And sending kids to college? Please. That’s what us regular folk have to worry about and somehow we still manage. Poor Scotty.

I see a lot of stories like this - actors who supposedly made millions from their work but then complain that they didn't make a lot of money. These people get paid more than actors were paid in the '60s and '70s. What are they doing with their money?

And even though life is more expensive today and taking inflation into account I still don’t understand how they blow through their money like that. Wasn’t Nicolas Cage on the verge of bankruptcy too? One of the most bankable movie stars of his time?

There are some stars from Hollywood, etc., who have made lots of money and have invested it wisely in real estate, stocks and so forth. For example, Tom Selleck bought himself an avocado farm years ago!

This article will give an idea what the rapper Drake spends money on: https://www.therichest.com/rich-powe...pends-fortune/

Other celebrities just piss away their money on stupid things. Sounds to me like Caan lacks a good financial advisor.

https://www.looper.com/267207/heres-...hawaii-five-o/

In July of 2017, Variety reported that, according to industry sources, Scott Caan was pretty well off, even as the show began to wind down. He made a staggering $200,000 per episode during the continuity error-riddled Hawaii Five-0's eighth season, putting him neck and neck with O'Laughlin. That's an insane amount of money, for any job, and given the season consisted of 25 episodes and Caan appeared in every single one, that culminates in an astonishing $5 million grand total for the actor — who is, by the way, the son of Hollywood icon James Caan (Misery).

A number like that is nothing to shrug at, but he managed to up the ante even more. When both Caan and O'Laughlin negotiated their contracts, they scored a small portion of backend profits, meaning their payout went up depending on how well Five-0 performed. As explained by Cynthia Littleton of Variety, those behind the program worked out a major syndication deal with TNT for $2 million per episode. Although it didn't necessarily meet their expectations on the network, it remained a hit on CBS, thus padding the pockets of both actors, down the line.

Thread Information