Thread: Drawing for 50 Years!

Tonight, CBS aired S06E02, "Draw Me A Killer".

This is one of my favorites because it goes outside the box a bit, even if some of the plot points are far-fetched.

Five-O has its hands full when people are turning up dead at about 6 week intervals. The victims are unrelated, or so it seems. Arthur (Elliott Street, who we saw in "The Grandstand Play") is obsessed with a comic strip character named Judy Moon. He's sure he's getting her out of trouble when he shoots people dead. His victims are a sailor, a banker, a pawn shop owner and a lawyer.

The final killing, in broad daylight!, gives Five-O the clues they need to figure out what's going on. Under the lawyer's body is a copy of the day's paper. I'm pretty sure Arthur didn't mean to leave the paper behind, but for a criminal, he's pretty sloppy.

While at lunch one day from his job at a dog groomer's, he sees who he believes is the living embodiment of Judy Moon. Poor Mary Ellen Farmer (Susan Foster) has to ward off Arthur when he approaches her on the street. However, that encounter allows Five-O to know who they're looking for.

Five-O sets up a trap for Arthur – using Danno as bait! Outfitted with an HPD uniform, Danno strolls Hotel Street as a beat cop. Arthur calls out to him down an alley and Arthur is finally stopped.

Mr. Mike does a much better job, than I do. His review is here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#122

Speaking of the review, Mr. Mike points out the odds of finding all these people who look like characters in a nationally syndicated comic strip in Hawaii is highly unlikely. I agree but this doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the episode.

Another point Mr. Mike brings up is the informant who runs into Danno on the street during the trap. I can buy it because Danno is seen interacting with informants in later episodes, even if it's not his primary job.

Arthur is creepy but not overly so. I could see where he could have some charm in his bag of tricks. Otherwise, I don't think he would have the job he does.

I like the dogs in this episode and honestly, I have a big problem with Arthur leaving a dog in the van while he grabs a bite to eat. Hot car, dude!!

Another part is the comic writer. He appreciates the free ticket to Hawaii and seems to be a down-to-Earth kind of guy.

There's a lot to like in the show and because of that I can overlook the flaws.

Happy 50th, "Draw Me A Killer"!!

Draw Me A Killer 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Season 6 is 1 of the best seasons of Classic HFO 🌊 episodes. Bobbi's 50th Anniversary Series continues Season 6. Draw Me A Killer is definitely a Top 10 episode. A creative and inventive episode! I thought the Judy Moon woman was incredibly beautiful and the comic strip killings were very creative. Arthur the Killer was protecting Judy Moon from these guys that hurt Judy Moon in some way. Bobbi brought up a good point about the newspaper. I never could figure out if Arthur placed the paper there or if he just left it by accident there while leaving. The newspaper and the comic page helped McG & The HFO team figure out the possibility of the Judy Moon Comic Strip. The HFO 🌊 team must have really enjoyed this episode. It was a very intelligent and creative story plus they had some good moments with the cartoon artist. It was probably worth the risk drawing Danno into the comic strip as a policeman. They had to catch Arthur in action. McG's brainstorm about the comic strip at the barber shop was 1 of my FAV moments. HFO 🌊 could not connect the dots for several months of killings. It was worth looking into. They indeed found the connection through the Judy Moon Comic strip. I didn't have a problem with the close resemblance real life people to their comic strip character. It was smart writing as Arthur doing his duty to protect Judy Moon. He did find people resembling the characters from the Judy Moon Comic Strip. Outstanding episode!

Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Tonight, CBS aired S06E02, "Draw Me A Killer".
    Another part is the comic writer. He appreciates the free ticket to Hawaii and seems to be a down-to-Earth kind of guy.
    I'll be honest when I revisited the episode last week this bothered me a good deal. I was willing to overlook the coincidental factor of the victims all having the same jobs as their comic strip counterparts (when any lookalike could have been killed regardless of his line of work), but if I were the strip artist I'd be *really* shaken up to learn that my choices in how I depicted the characters inadvertently acted as a trigger for murder. I sure wouldn't be cracking jokes and being glad for a free trip to Hawaii, I'd be going about the job with a lot more somber seriousness.

Thread Information