Tonight 50 years ago, CBS aired S06E04 “One Big Happy Family”.

I wouldn’t say “Happy”, it’s more “Creepy”.

One of the wildest episode in the entire series – it’s one solid blast from beginning to end. We meet the murderous, gross, and overly self-important Ferguson family. Sadie (Barbara Baxley) is the matriarch and the ringleader. She is a racist piece of crap who cares nothing about anyone else. Her husband is Sam (Slim Pickens) who literally executes the plans. They have a son Jeb (Bo Hopkins) married to Rosalie (Robyn Millan) and a daughter, Monica (Lynette Kim). Honestly, Monica is the only one with any sense even though she’s “slow”.

These people have left behind a serious blood trail on the mainland before arriving in Hawaii. They get dead-end jobs and after a few days kill their co-workers. They then steal from the dead. The whole thing is despicable. (Can you tell I dislike these characters a lot?)

Of course, Five-O gets involved when people are being killed on their islands. They finally nab the family when Monica tries to leave Hawaii with a phone book cover because the scene was stunning. Thanks to the airport police, Five-O hauls them all in. It only gets worse as Sadie explains their motivations of killing “strangers”. McGarrett is beyond stunned. The case is strong because Rosalie has had enough and turns on them all.

Mr. Mike does a great job in his review here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#124

This is an excellent episode but not one of my favorites. I feel for Monica though and wonder what happened to her at the end of this escapade. She is the most innocent of the family and I hope she gets the real help she needs to flourish. Separating her from these jackasses is a good start!

These people are probably the worst of the criminals Five-O comes across as they have killed about 150 people according to dialogue. I have the feeling as other states reported in, the body count kept going up. It’s one of those shows where you’re glad the perpetuators get what’s coming to them!

Happy 50th, “One Big Happy Family”!!!