Tonight 50 years ago, CBS aired S06E06, "Murder Is A Taxing Affair".

I'm going to say off the bat, not one of my favorites. This is an episode where everyone is chasing $600,000 and it never ends well for the pursuers. On top of that, Five-O seems to be slow on the uptake – something we don't see very often.

Mr. Mike's review is here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#126

The episode begins with Jason T. Adams (Wydell W. Hughes) who is trying to run to HawaiI to escape an indictment for tax evasion. An agent named Cavel (Don Porter) follows Adams on the flight and kills the dude just before landing.

What ensues is everyone chasing down the bag because Cavel "claims" Adams' bag but it's the wrong one. A flight attendant, Alma Saunders (Jenny Sullivan), figures out what's going on and tries to claim the bag and take the money for herself. Cavell kills her in the shower with his belt.

The couple that picked up the bag with the money in it find themselves on the wrong end of Cavel's gun. Will and Betty Rowan (Jack Dodson and Sally Kirkland) barely escape with their lives, realizing in the end the money isn't worth it.

The most satisfying part of this episode is when Cavel throws himself off the cliff. He's beyond corrupt and is pretty much a slimeball. It wouldn't be so bad but Cavel weaseled himself into "helping" Five-O track down the bag and money. This is where Five-O was a bit slow on the uptake.

It's of interesting note that Jack Dodson was a regular on "The Andy Griffith Show," but that's pretty much it.

Sorry it took me so long today but I had other things going on this morning.

Regardless, Happy 50th, "Murder Is A Taxing Affair"!!