Tonight 50 years ago, CBS aired S06E07, "Tricks Are Not Treats".

The title is very appropriate for the time of year.

The biggest thing about this episode is the number of well-known actors (or later known) who are cast.

We begin with Ron Glass as pimp J. Paul, who has an unlucky death at the start of the show. Glass was better known for his role on "Barney Miller" and later on Fox's "Firefly". I had heard a story he put his "Firefly" co-stars to shame (not on purpose) due to his philanthropy during a panel at a comic-con. The younger co-stars couldn't believe all the work he did.

J. Paul's death threatens to begin an all-out war on Honolulu's streets. Of course, McGarrett won't stand for it and does everything possible to stop a shooting war.

The bad guy in this is Lolo, played by Gregory Sierra. He would go on to several projects but if you're a kid from the 80's, you'd recognize him due his turn on "Miami Vice." He played Crockett and Tubbs' boss before Edward James Olmos was brought in.

Lolo is pinching the pimps in Honolulu, demanding higher and higher cuts from their prostitution profits. The "producers" or "macks" don't like this of course. One in particular, Harley Dartson (Glynn Thurman) takes matters into his own hands. Dartson is an interesting character. He knows what he's doing is wrong but he tries to protect his wife (Lynne Ellen Hollinger) and kids. Semantha used to be one of his girls and Harley doesn't want her back on the streets. She does, however, man the phones. She's the one who initially tips McGarrett that a hitman from Detroit is heading to the islands.

Other notable guest stars include Pat Morita who portrays Phoebe, owner of the bar where the pimps hang out. It's also the site of a major fight that puts Wunton (Wilfred Keale) in the hospital fighting for his life. We see Keale in Season 12 as Truck along with several guest appearances between this episode and his turn as a regular.

We see the usual suspects in the stock players and recurring characters as well. In the end, Dartson's plans don't work thanks to Five-O's work and Lolo winds up dead anyway but not from the hitman you would think.

Mr. Mike does a much better job. His review is here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#127

I know there's a lot of the Forum regulars who really enjoy this episode. I like it, not a favorite, but I appreciate that it's kind of different from the Five-O norm. However, the team is all about preventing a lot of innocent people getting caught up in the ensuing gang war. So that part is the same.

It's definitely worth checking out.

Happy 50th, "Tricks Are Not Treats"!!!!