Tonight 50 years ago, CBS aired S06E08 "Why Wait Till Uncle Kevin Dies?"

The episode is about a questionable business name Reversions Inc. run by Zachary Talbot (Murray Matheson). Talbot is suave but hell-bent on ripping off as many people as possible while raking in the dough.

Reversions is set up to pay out inheritances to people before their benefactors pass. Reversions is more than happy to do this once contracts are signed to make sure the company gets loads of money. The problem is that Talbot doesn't wait and speeds up the process of death of both the benefactors and the heirs!

The muscle that does most of the dirty work is Luke Foster (Lee Stetson). He's responsible for blowing up boats, helicopters, wrecking racecars, running over people and pushing them off balconies. (At least I think he's responsible for all that, we know about the boat and chopper for sure).

Five-O is immediately interested of course and they have to figure out a way to bait Reversions. Fortunately for them, Manicote (Glenn Cannon) knows of a visiting assistant DA from the CONUS who is in Hawaii for a research project. Calvin Cutler (Lawrence Pressman) is an unusual cat. He'd rather soak up some sun on the beach during his off time but is willing to help Five-O.

The team sets him up with a false ID and benefactor, "Uncle Kevin" who is seen in some photos at his estate but never his face.

Although Reversions is getting ready to move to Zurich, they can't help but be pulled in by the insane amount of money they can haul in. Foster is lured and later trapped in a house to assassinate Kevin. He spills the beans when he realizes he can't escape his homemade bomb blast. Only Five-O has already neutralized the threat.

Five-O nabs the entire Reversions board including Talbot with McGarrett seeming more satisfied than usual.

Mr. Mike's review is here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#128

Again, not one of my favorites – I dislike the uber organization episodes because they seem too big to fall but they prove no one is above the law. However, seeing Calvin's transformation and getting some 'behind the scenes' work there was neat.

I did enjoy the trapping of Foster too. He was genuinely scared because he planted the bomb and had NO way out. Calvin proved his worth too with the ability to think on his feet.

Happy 50th, "Why Wait Till Uncle Kevin Dies?"!!!