Season 6 The Banzai Pipeline ⭐⭐⭐ Out Of 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐.
Another solid Season 6 episode. Young filmmaker Rick McDivitt (Perry King) is determined and focused on making the greatest surfing movie. His brother, Roger, is an outstanding surfer and shows incredible skill riding the waves. Rick is nearing the final stages of his surfing 🌊 film but is running out of bread to finance it. Rick's prayers are answered when he discovers a wallet with some cash and credit cards. He steals the wallet but doesn't know this man, Ed Huffman, is currently being murdered by Andy Koa. In his haste, Rick drops a film roll in a little canister which is later picked up by Koa. The Banzai Pipeline has some Secret Witness vibes where the surfing brothers are tracked down over time. Using the surfing footage and the brothers physical characteristics and looks. I don't believe in stealing and thieving but I admired Rick's dedication and passion to finish his surfing film masterpiece. It's similar to an artist or musician dedication and passion in finishing an album worth of songs or a particular painting. Finally, Rick and Roger are tracked down and later gunned down by hitman Tanner at the Pipeline. Rick and Roger are both violently shot and in critical condition. Both die from their gunshot wounds. It appears the shooter and murderer will escape unpunished. McG has a brainstorm combing through Rick's surf footage and it shows Tanner with the weapon. Later, Greggs and Tanner die in a fiery crash quickly wrapping up the case.

The Banzai Pipeline isn't the most detailed or outstanding script ever written but there's excellent film and photography shots of Roger surfing the waves. Rick's intense focus on completing the surfing film and stealing to fund the film ultimately leads to the brothers' demise. I wished 1 or both brothers had survived the shooting. It would have been a wonderful ending watching the finished Surfing Movie with Rick having to repay the money. Maybe, even working at HFO assisting McG instead of jail time. I'm a Perry King and Jack Hogan FAN which probably bumped up The Banzai Pipeline a half a star ⭐. JC