Tonight 50 years ago, CBS aired S06E18, "Secret Witness".

A night worker, Ted Reynolds (Mark Jenkins), witnesses the murder of Joe Wang who was skimming from his boss, Dan Bok (Mark Lenard).

Bok, a top criminal in Honolulu, hires hitman Bo Lansing (Mark Gordon) to take out Wang.

The problem is the hit took place in broad daylight at about 6am! Duh.

Reynolds writes into the newspaper under their 'Secret Witness' program, thus the title. Reynolds has a lot at stake due to his wife Sue (Cindy Williams) and their young baby.

Once Sue figures out that Ted witnessed the murder, she gets scared and the couple plan to take off for the mainland.

Meanwhile, Lansing is tracking Reynolds down little by little. He eventually finds his witness and shoots Ted just as the young couple are about to flee. Lansing also takes Sue and the baby hostage just as Five-O closes in.

It does not end well for Lansing. Danno snipes him from an upper floor after his car crashes thanks to some Five-O trickery. Lansing confesses that Bok hired him just before he dies.

Mr. Mike's review is here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log6.htm#138

I like this episode. It paces well and we see another side of Mark Jenkins, who was the bomber in Season 3's "The Bomber And Mrs. Moroney". It's fun to watch.

We also see an early TV role for Cindy Williams who went on later to play Shirley in "Laverne & Shirley".

Mark Lenard does a good turn of being a bad guy as his most famous role is that of Sarek; Spock's father in the original "Star Trek."

At the end, McGarrett has Ben loosen the lug nuts on Lansing's car. Unless they wiggled the wheel out, it wouldn't have fallen off that quickly. Trust me, I saw a truck lose its back wheel in front of me at 2am in Anchorage several years ago. When the tires were changed out (it was snowy at the time), the lug nuts weren't tightened all the way. It took several hours before that wheel flew off. It was scary. But I'm sure that filming and such, it was a much more controlled situation.

Happy 50th, "Secret Witness"!!