Season 6 Mother's Deadly Helper 3.75 Stars ⭐⭐⭐ Out Of 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Another excellent Season 6 Episode Mother's Deadly Helper. Lester Smith becomes Mother's Deadly Helper murdering criminals released due to lenient Hawaii courts and the liberal criminal justice system. He corresponds with McGarrett through the mail admitting to the crimes and admiring McG's law enforcement style. Many viewers might sympathize with Lester Smith as he is murdering killers and rapists and other low life criminals who deserve to languish in prison. Smith makes a mistake kidnapping a judge. Crossing the line killing criminals to an honorable judge. This makes the audience less sympathetic to Lester. Todd wrote something a few years ago that rings true. He talked about how the writers making Lester kidnap the judge...It makes Lester less sympathetic and more easier to dislike. I agree strongly. Had Smith continued to kill criminals, there would still be some people who would be on Smith's side. Kidnapping the judge for possible murder makes Smith no different than the criminals he's taking out. I would have liked a scene at the pier or warehouse where Smith & McGarrett talk man to man about the criminal justice system. How to improve it and strengthen it. Instead, Smith narrowly escapes capture at the cemetery and later is captured by the HFO team . I really enjoyed this episode. Zerbe is an outstanding actor. He makes you believe he is right as Lester Smith. Cleaning the streets and protecting the people as Mother's Deadly Helper. Murdering these awful rapists and killers. It's a great episode making one think about the criminal justice system. JC