I wouldn't give The Bells Toll At Noon 1 ⭐. Better episode than that I think most will agree. I do have some small problems with the episode that mark it down to about a score of 3 Stars.

1. Johnny Kling has battled back from drug addiction and has a period of sobriety. He has his comedy career back on track. Life back in order. Why would he start killing people? Throwing away all the progress he has made in his sobriety and his comedy career.

2. Johnny appears to be a very coherent organized offender in planning and carrying out the killings but the ending has him jumping back from Kling to playing a character. I think this psychological angle not needed as Kling is an organized revenge type killer.

3. One of my biggest problems...Danno says the older woman hotel owner is all over the place on the description of Johnny Kling. Yet, the final composite drawing of Kling is nearly perfect. Like a Polaroid picture of Kling. That's when McG stops the car abruptly. Noticing the incredible resemblance from the picture and Kling.

4. I think this could have been handled with Kling working with HFO and pretending to be using again. Working with HFO to assist in apprehending the people involved in the death of the young woman he secretly loved.

5. Some things I did enjoy...The Start Anew guy giving some background on Kling and him giving back with the comedy show. Also, the attractive woman near the end when Kling kidnaps Thaler I think that's his name. Liked how they weaved the old movies into the story. Richard Little is still alive today and he had 1 of the most memorable guest acting appearances as Johnny Kling. He did seem larger than life. JC