Thread: Seinfeld

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I never watched Seinfeld when it was on originally, or even after that. Recently when I am on Facebook, however, I am getting these excerpts from the show, some of which are very funny. Of course, if you click on one of these excerpts on Facebook, you will be flooded with them. Anyway, I borrowed the first Seinfeld set (seasons 1 and 2) from the library...

This set is really annoying. They have the shows that were originally broadcast but they also have the same shows which have been modified slightly for syndication purposes. I didn't compare these yet; maybe they cut out the baloney in the nightclub which bookends early episodes.

In addition to this they have the stars doing commentary so you have to watch the thing twice if you want to listen to this, and then they have all this trivia from how the episode was made and blah blah blah. So trying to manipulate your way through the episodes (and the set I have from the library has four DVDs for the first and the second seasons together) becomes very frustrating because you totally get lost in all of this material.

I thought the episode where Kramer was trying to dump concrete in a laundromat's washing machine to get revenge on the boss of the place was very funny, though...

Seinfeld is a very funny show. I don’t think it’s the greatest sitcom of all time as many claim (but that’s just due to my personal preferences) but it really is a funny show and maybe the last truly funny sitcom. I never could get into the overrated crap like The Office or Big Bang Theory or anything from the last 10-20 years. I suppose Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens were pretty good too but that’s about it.

I didn’t watch Seinfeld when it was new in the 90s. I caught it in reruns in the 2000s but not being a die hard fan there’s still a whole lot of episodes that I haven’t seen. I watched it whenever I caught it. So there’s still a whole lot for me to explore there.

Interestingly enough Jerry Seinfeld has been in the news recently. He was booed at some university by Palestinian supporters since Jerry is very pro-Israel.

Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    Interestingly enough Jerry Seinfeld has been in the news recently. He was booed at some university by Palestinian supporters since Jerry is very pro-Israel.
    He was giving the commencement address at Duke. Why, I have no idea. There are so many other people who would be better.

As far as The Big Bang Theory, I like that one a lot. But it's a personal preference. I could never get into Seinfeld.

You may not understand the subject matter, but here's a little Seinfeld skit I did using AI tools.

It wasn't completely AI generated. It took me a few hours to create and edit. I wrote the script myself. The AI just did the voices, and it didn't do them perfectly, causing me to have to edit them, or do additional "takes".

The skit is based upon the infamous "rental car reservation" scene. I'll post my version, and then the original. My version was about a poker room in Las Vegas (MGM Grand) which kept reneging on their guarantees. This went semi-viral on Twitter, causing MGM to reverse their policy!

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I find the music in Seinfeld (such as it is, this bass guitar stuff) is really annoying after a while.

When I am watching the show, I use the fast-forward and "next" buttons to skip through the nightclub stuff which is at the beginning and end of the episodes.

They keep cutting to people in the audience who are just about dying with laughter during these sections...

Mike, how come you don’t like the nightclub stuff? There’s some funny stuff there. Plus it’s very brief so it never bothered me. I wouldn’t fast forward.

Thread Information