50 years ago, CBS aired S07E06: “Right Grave – Wrong Body”

A police officer that knows Five-O really well is in a world of hurt due to bad decisions five years before.

Dean Lyman (Charles Cioffi) chased a bank robber when the guy went past him like a bat out of hell. The guy, Kaneko, had a bunch of money on him at the time. Lyman took it for himself without telling anyone after Lyman killed him and buried Kaneko. It was $250,000 from a bank robbery. Kind of dumb, if you ask me.

A couple of years later, Lyman lost his gun and now it has turned up again in a series of liquor store robberies. Don Hobart (William Watson) returns from the mainland with some unsolved murders in his wake. He hooks up with an old girlfriend Kelly Mitsui (Carole Kai).

Hobart tells a guy, Cas (Lippy Espinda), to go away after Cas hits Kelly up for some money. Cas turns around and informs Lyman about Hobart due to Five-O’s work with the Identi-Kit to come up with a composite of the robber. Even if Lyman tries to throw them off track.

Hobart kills Cas just after he talks to Lyman. It doesn’t end well for anyone – Lyman commits suicide and Hobart gets booked.

Mr. Mike has a great review here: https://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log7.htm#150

This is again, not one of my favorites. There’s too many things that fit too neatly into place. As well, Lyman takes extreme measures to get out the trouble he’s in. However, Cioffi does well with what he has.

Mr. Mike points out that Chinatown provides a great backdrop to this episode and I agree.

Happy 50th, “Right Grave – Wrong Body”!!