Thread: Hawaiian Eye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    The same did not happen with KNIGHT RIDER which also featured popular songs of the day in many of its episodes. When the DVDs started coming out they simply replaced the original songs with cover songs performed by someone else. ... Truth be told a few of the cover songs sound pretty close to the originals so I can’t complain. But whoever was singing “Every Breath You Take” certainly didn’t sound like The Police. Shame because I really like that song.
    Knight Rider had the covers from the word go. If they didn't, I would be surprised. I remember one episode had John Mellencamp's "The Authority Song" and it was a cover when it aired (I don't remember *exactly* what Mellencamp's name was at the time of release). So the fact that the DVDs have covers doesn't surprise me.

Universal did that a lot for all their shows including "Magnum, P.I."

Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    The same did not happen with KNIGHT RIDER which also featured popular songs of the day in many of its episodes. When the DVDs started coming out they simply replaced the original songs with cover songs performed by someone else. ... Truth be told a few of the cover songs sound pretty close to the originals so I can’t complain. But whoever was singing “Every Breath You Take” certainly didn’t sound like The Police. Shame because I really like that song.

Knight Rider had the covers from the word go. If they didn't, I would be surprised. I remember one episode had John Mellencamp's "The Authority Song" and it was a cover when it aired (I don't remember *exactly* what Mellencamp's name was at the time of release). So the fact that the DVDs have covers doesn't surprise me.

Universal did that a lot for all their shows including "Magnum, P.I."
    I’m pretty sure KNIGHT RIDER had the original songs when I watched them in reruns back in the day. I recall “Every Breath You Take” definitely sounded like The Police (unless it was a very good imitation) but what’s on the DVD doesn’t sound like them at all. On the other hand “Self Control” does sound like Laura Brannigan on the DVD, just like I remember from the reruns. It’s in the episode “Halloween Knight”.

Thread Information